Monday, September 26, 2011

Life's a peach.....cupcake

Well, I broke my weekly blogging rule (again).  I'm not going to promise to be better about it, because who are we kidding?  BUT....I've been doing a lot of baking lately, and I thought I'd share.  (as in the recipe, those cupcakes are alllllll mine)  well, maybe if you ask nicely......ok take the entire batch.

I'm such a pushover.

I like peaches. I like raspberries. And I like cupcakes.  So I decided I'd put them all together and hope for the best. Turns out they are pretty darn tasty!  My honey was on a conference call in the other room while I was baking these little pieces of heaven.  When he came out of the room he took the call in he headed straight to these bad boys. 

I'm a pushover and an awesome girlfriend.

Does this mean I am breaking even?  I think so!

Ok, enough typing. MAKE THESE!  And let me know what you think! Seriously, let me know I altered the recipe slightly to what I think would make the cake more peachy and a little more moist.  More recipes to follow...


Peach Cupcakes:
2 ripe peaches (chopped and then smashed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1/2 cup half & half
1 tsp peach extract (available at specialty baking stores. if not, use peach oil which can be found at places like Michael's in the candy making section)

Preheat your oven to 350.
Using your paddle attachment mix butter, sugars, peaches, and oil.  Add one egg at a time until combined.

In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Begin adding into wet mixture. Alternate with half &half until everything is combined.  Using your spatula, mix in peach extract. (also add a dash of cinnamon if you're feeling spicy)

Pour into cupcake tins (lined with pretty papers...or just plain $1 ones if you're on a budget  like me!) and bake for 20-25min.


Raspberry Buttercream
1 cup raspberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 sticks softened unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla

in a saucepan combine raspberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.  Stir until a syrup forms and all berries are broken down.  Take off of stove to cool.
With your paddle attachment whip butter. Strain raspberry syrup so it is free of seeds.  add syrup to butter and mix. Add powdered sugar and mix until all is light and fluffy.  Use a spatula to mix in vanilla.  If you need some additional moisture mix in half & half 1 tbsp at a time.

Once cupcakes have cooled, frost, enjoy. Repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment