Saturday, October 30, 2010

The more I think about it....

How many people are currently in relationships and yet they are still looking for what's next.  I suppose we all may do it.  But isn't that a sign that you should not be in a relationship in the first place?  I used to date this guy that could not be single.  He was constantly relationship hopping.  What is the point?  Aren't relationships supposed to represent when you find your match in someone else?  Aren't they supposed to make you complete?
I am beginning to think that many relationships are merely out of convenience.  It's easier to be with someone, because it means you're not alone.  And we wonder why over 50% of marriages fail?  Why settle because you're comfortable with someone?  Why not wait for the person that has turned your world inside out and you don't even want to picture life without them?  Have we really become that lazy?  Sure, I wouldn't be single right now if I wanted someone that I get along with.  But I want someone that I can't picture making it a single day without them.
I have a lot of friends that are in relationships.  What's really funny is that they come to me for advice even though I've been single for three years now.  And I love to help them in any way possible.  So here is the best advice I can come up with; if someone loves you, they'll marry you; there is no such thing as bad timing, that's just a nice way of saying they're not interested; if you've broken up more than twice, do yourself a favor and stop trying; men lie it's just they way they were made, but guess what, women lie too; relationships will never be like a movie so stop comparing them; and a lesson I have to constanly learn the hard way, if he doesn't call it's not because he was busy, it's because he's not interested.
So rip the bandaid off pour yourself a glass of wine and take in the single life.  Don't worry, I hear it doesn't last forever.  The more I think about it, if we would all take the time to ourselves to realize who we really are we will be 100% prepared for when our other half walks into our lives.  And if we're ready for it, we'll never have to deal with them walking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment